meet: chrissy usher saavedra

11.05.2014

Every once in awhile a new friend walks into your life and you instantly connect. Life, for one reason or another, sets your paths at an intersecting junction, and gives you a stretch of time to share with one another. 
About six months ago, Chrissy Usher Saavedra and I met at that point in the road when she set foot in the halls of Free People's BLDG 25 office and floated right by my desk. I looked up, not thinking twice, and immediately smiled and introduced myself. There was no looking back from that moment.

I've since been getting to know Chrissy, learning more about her each day, and often stopping by her desk for a few laughs to break up the intense work day flow. She's a whacky soul with one of the biggest, loving hearts you'll ever come across. I admire her utter desire to be good and warm towards everything in her life. She truly cares about other people, and is unapologetically herself at all times.
Getting to laugh with Chrissy has been an honor. Dinners with her and her endearing husband Manuel have filled me up with happiness. They are simply fun and uplifting people to be around. I'm so excited to build a friendship with their two amazing souls as we continue to share this little junction in life. 
It just goes to show, you'll never stop meeting new people who amaze you. And how happy of a thought is that?
Now, let's get to know Chrissy a little better. ;)
Growing up in Colorado I learned to love adventure in the outdoors, anything from camping, to hiking, to snowboarding! // My mother is my best friend and I am her biggest fan.  She is the most inspiring person, one I hope to be just like when Manuel and I have babies. I love her. // And my dad is an extremely talented business man, who would do anything to enhance the success and happiness of his family. He is a very supportive Papa and has always allowed me to follow my heart even if he didn’t agree. // Living in New York was the most challenging and exciting period of my life thus far.  It taught me a lot about my passion for theater and fashion and introduced me to some lifelong friends and the love of my life. // I came to Philly for this amazing little piece of heaven called “Free People, BLDG 25” and I haven’t looked back.  Although I do sometimes miss the late night pizza and New York City buzz! // If I wasn't working at Free People I would be back in Colorado, close to all of my friends who are having babies so I can be Aunty Chrissy, living in Denver with my husband, and Gatsby (of course) looking for the next step in my career.  Getting my masters?! Who knows! // My life has been dramatic, passionate, emotional, exciting, and driven by listening to my heart. It’s crazy to think I’m married to the most amazing man and working my dream job…in Philly. // I laugh the most when I’m with my family.  There is never a dull moment and always a little drama when we are together. We always find ourselves sitting on the kitchen floor at 1 o’clock in the morning, eating mom’s leftovers, drinking a beer, rolling around laughing at the most absurd things. I love them. // The most exciting thing is being on stage, performing in front of a packed house on opening night.  I admit that I miss this so much. // I adopted my dog and he completes me. Ha, but seriously. His name is Gatsby, he is a sweet little baby love, who has taught me a different kind of love, and I can’t imagine my world without him in it! // When I wake up in the morning this is a hard one to say without making myself sound like a dirty Colorado hippy. // I’m so inspired by artists.  Anyone who lives for the passion of their art, whatever it may be.  People who are artistic live such extraordinary lives that are filled with so much hunger for artistic success. // I would want to be famous for my acting.  Always and forever, I will always have the dream to become a famous actress. // I will always remember my golden retriever Sabrina. I never thought I could love another animal as much as I loved her. She was by my side throughout my whole childhood and early adult life. She will always have a piece of my heart. // If there is one thing the years have taught me it has to be that mom and dad are usually, almost, always right. They lived it, they see it, and they get it! But you have live and learn in your own way. // In life you have to follow your passions.  I have lived my life basing everything off of my heart and listening to my gut.  Also, you have to find the little things in life that make you smile; those are the moments that get you through each day. // The last movie I watched “The Adams Family” tis the season right?! // Saturdays I usually sleep in really late, take Gatsby to the most amazing dog heaven dog park in Jersey, do a little shopping(because I am ADDICTED) and have date night with Manuel if he is off. // One day I will find my way back to Colorado to be closer to my family and friends, buy a house somewhere in Denver, and own my own business.  Manuel and I want to open our own yoga studio attached to a restaurant. Ha, I am a dreamer…remember this. // Not many people know that I have a phobia of fruit. Probably because this is an embarrassing “fun fact” that makes people judge me more than they already do! // You can never eat enough chocolate. Nuff said. // I couldn't live without my husband, Gatsby, my family, and my childhood blanket, which I still sleep with…every night. // The best feeling is being understood and loved. That is so cheesy but nothing feels better than someone 100% understanding you and loving you for who you are. // People say that I am super goofy, loud, and dramatic. I would have to agree. // My wardrobe consists of mostly Free People, Urban Outfitters, some pretty awesome vintage finds, and a lot of jackets. // Without fashion…haha that’s a good one. // Right now, I really want to get back to Colorado for the holidays.  This is the best time of the year and I always start planning months in advance. //

1 comment :

  1. About six months ago, Chrissy Usher Saavedra and I met at that point in the road when she set foot in the halls of Free People's BLDG 25 office and floated right by my desk. cotton sateen bedding , light comforter for summer , I looked up, not thinking twice, and immediately smiled and introduced myself. There was no looking back from that moment.

    ReplyDelete