weekly scenes: happy thanksgiving!

11.22.2012








Happy Thanksgiving!!

It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since I was last home for my favorite holiday. So much and so little has happened all at once. 

It's been the year of growth - learning to stand on my own, gaining financial control, and finding perspective. I'm thankful for the downs just as much as I'm thankful for the ups. I'm glad that life isn't always as easy peasy as you think it should be. That the road isn't always straight, and that sometimes you have to struggle to find answers. I don't regret the slumps in friendship that forced me to confront my faults, or the mistakes that taught me what better to do the second time around. I've been able to take these happenings and turn them into understanding.Without it all, I wouldn't learn, I wouldn't grow.  

After all, the downs create the ups. If they never happened, I might not realize how lucky I am to be completely in love. How lucky I am to have friends and family that I adore, a roof over my head, and fresh food on my plate. I can truly look back and say that up until now, my life has been nothing but full.

There is no better schooling than life, and for that I am thankful. Here's to another year.

No comments :

Post a Comment