blendscapes by oriol angrill jorda

8.25.2013

Last weekend we finally tackled the enormous task of cleaning our our new basement and turning it into a little studio. It was a lot of work, but I couldn't be happier. Finally having a space to get creative, messy, crazy...I feel so inspired! Because I was so excited I forwent my run the other night, and instead got to work with some watercolors. I've never worked with the medium before, but in getting organized I found the beautiful set my parents brought me from China a couple years ago. I finally decided to try them out, and it was so much fun. 

I decided to look around for inspiration on techniques, and I came across these stunning numbers by Spanish artist, Oriol Angrill Jorda. Aptly titled, Blendscapes, the series mixes hyper realistic portraits with energetic washes and emotional overlays. I fell in love instantly and knew I'd need to do a post if not to remember them in a diary-like way. I can't wait to get to work and start creating some works of my own. I can only dream to achieve something quite as beautiful. Something to aspire to, right?

--

Check out more of Oriol Angrill Jorda's work here

1 comment :

  1. These are amazing, I love these Blenscapes! I'm totally inspired now to do some art :) xx

    ReplyDelete