the freedom to wander

3.10.2014

A good wander, that's what I've been craving. My feet, my heart, my thoughts, my eyes. Let's all ditch our plans. Throw out the neatly typed to-do's. Do away with the calender color coded by task. Our souls need to get lost. How else are they ever going to find their way back again?

That little voice, she tells me that I don't have the time. She tells me I have to stick to the plan. This moment needs to be productive. Stray away and life will come crumbling down. 

The truth is, this moment can go one of two ways. Whose to say which be the better? What are we afraid of in freedom? 

Can someone please tell me? I want to know the secret. Whisper it in my ear. Disclose the right way. 

Show me the path so that I may step my two shaky feet upon it. They are frightened to death, but their eagerness is not easy to tame. They're smart, you see. Now more than ever. They need to wander.

--

Image quote via Darling Issue 6, graphic my own

7 comments :

  1. Hello, my name is Tiffany I just stumbled upon your blog through Free People. Your photos are beautiful! I run my own photography blog as well and just wanted to reach out and show my appreciation for your photos! Feel free to check out my blog if at all interested! Xx, Tiffany { http://www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com/ }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany - love it! That west coast way of life really comes through. You have me jealous of your sunshine!

      Delete
  2. I don't know you
    but if you run away, I'll run away.

    This concept has plagued me forever. I love how you've described it. I guess freedom's the sacrifice of stability. There's security in the straight & narrow path of planning (or so we've been conditioned to believe). I guess it depends on the extent of the wandering, but to get up and pursue alternatives is potentially abandoning our safe future self. Everyone should wander more, and trust their own capabilities of crafting a promising future, no matter what the circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost just cried. Here's to it. Let's run...

      Delete
  3. A good wander, that's what I've been craving. My feet, my heart, my thoughts, my eyes. Let's all ditch our plans. Throw out the neatly typed to-do's. Do away with the calender color coded by task. Our souls need to get lost. How else are they ever going to find their way back again? wholesale salwar suit catalogue , wholesale salwar suit online ,

    ReplyDelete