home

12.06.2012




Home is a place of safety and warmth. Where people fill the rooms. A fire burns in the family room, and the dogs splay out to enjoy its heat. There's nothing like the warmth from your mother's food in your stomach. Ah, the relaxing feel of being home. 

My recent trip back to upstate NY for Thanksgiving  was every bit as relaxing as I'd hoped for. We left for a couple days to visit my grandmother in Boston and when we came back there was a no-fail Syracuse snowfall. I snuggled up and hung out with my mom because I couldn't drive anywhere. There's something so relieving about being cutoff like that - away from the everyday, in the middle of nowhere and unable to go anywhere. 

I will never fail to enjoy the comfort of the house I grew up in. 

No comments :

Post a Comment