Note: This post was previously published here as a part of my freelance work.
Years fly by. We talk about them as if they last forever, but in reality they are mere dots on a timeline. Thank goodness for holidays that mark a point in the year, for without them, we might not take a moment to stop and realize where we are.
Where are we? First and foremost, we’re surrounded by people who support us each and everyday. Friends and family who allow us to stretch beyond ourselves to achieve something better, who support our dreams, and who are there when we need a shoulder to cry on.
That is why I love this time of year. It’s a time to say thank you. Thank you for being my support and thank you for loving me.
When you go to package up that gift of thanks, let it reflect all the love and gratitude that you truly feel. Pick something special that shows thoughtfulness, make something with your own two hands, and don’t forget about the presentation of the package. Go a little extra mile with the gift wrap and make that gift scream I love you.
Here are three gift wrap ideas to get you started, each inspired by my favorite, Mother Nature.
Small Pine Cone
Gold Acrylic Paint
White Wrapping Paper
Water Cup + Water
1. Paint your pine cone gold by adding acrylic paint to the tips of each little “leaf.” Let dry.
2. Wrap your gift in white paper.
3. Glue pine cone to the center of the package.
1. For this one, you essentially create a stamp out of the lemon. Paint it with the red paint and test it a few times on a scrap piece of paper until you realize the sweet spot of how much paint and how much pressure you need to apply.
2. Once you have it down, tape the piece of wrapping paper to your surface and stamp alternating rows. Let dry.
3. Wrap your gift. Finish with ribbon.
White Wrapping Paper
1. Wrap your gift first with paper.
2. Wrap roving around the gift to cover approximately 1/3. Secure both ends of the roving with clear tape on the back of your gift.
3. Finish off by sliding a feather into the roving.